Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Student Story

Yesterday a student ran up to me and said, "Miss Sintay!  Miss Sintay!"  Looking at him with semi-amusement and almost annoyance at the fact that he is needing something so early in the day, "Yes student?"  My smiling student says, "Can I write something on your board?"  What?  You want to write something on my whiteboard?  My precious whiteboard where I write all of your important information?  "No, you may not."  Dejected looking student says "oh" and starts to walk away.  "Ok, what do you want to write, student?"  I couldn't handle his sad face.  I know what you're thinking.  You're thinking that I crumbled under the pressure and that maybe I am not tough enough to handle these little guys.  Well, I'm probably not.  "I just wanted to write that there are 110 days until Christmas!"  Smile to myself.  "Yes student, you are right.  That is important!  You may go write that on my whiteboard.  Thank you."  It was the topic of discussion amongst all of my classes for the rest of the day.  Christmas is coming people!  I'm glad we talk about the important things in English. 

1 comment:

  1. Haha Love it! Moments like these make teaching the best job in the world :) How is teaching going for you? How are you doing?

    ReplyDelete

Followers