Thursday, July 21, 2011

Sharky Sharks Shark

Today I was catching up on some shark week while quilting (don't judge) when it dawned on me that I've swam with sharks.  Up until this point it was just something that I would tell people like a, "been there don't that" sorta thing.  But you know what?  Shark week made me realize that it's actually quite an amazing thing that I didn't get my head bit off.  
It was a sunny day in The Bahamas and a school of nurse sharks had just finished feeding.  Soon the sharks started to swim around the yacht.  Everybody else (aka the normal people) stood there and watched, but I dashed off to find my swimsuit then jumped right in with them.  What would possess me to do such a thing?  Well, a deep love and appreciation for one of the greatest predators on earth.  And yes, I would do it again if I could :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers